Thursday 16 June 2011

RED LION E11 Opening Night - Wednesday 15th JUNE 2011

It has been a period of great anticipation with expectations growing on a daily basis - Ever since the inaugural reports of a gastropub in "Leytonstone" hit the news back in January time I have been waiting. Finally after a few false starts the doors opened.... WOW

I really feel that Antic Pubs have done a grand job, the pub still has work in progress however the potential vastness and vibe are all positive and lets hope that the throng that was there in the hundreds will come back again and again.

The staff were first class and dealt with the numbers of drinkers in a fashion one would expect from a first class outfit. Well done you certainly earned you money last night. The interior is what you would expect despite certain elements of work in progress - I digress to the toilets however part of the charm and they were fully functional which is all I want from a toilet.

The selection of drinks and value/ prices all seemed to be good and I drank the Black Sheep as I rather think of myself as one! And mighty good it was too. The music was loud enough and the selection catered for all ages who were in attendance supporting the new venture. I really liked that and I feel that something of real potential has come alive in the hub of Leytonstone. Antics used the slogan the roar is back  - My preference is the pulse is back in Leytonstone and long overdue!

As a building it has some architecture delights which are being shown off and the rawness or should I say ROARNESS! is endearing. And the decor is wacky with the chandeliers over the bar, cool.

This place should continue to impress as the full product range is rolled out - I will write again as each component to the Red Lion develops - Dining experience - Garden and continued build out - and a Ballroom!

Like the opening hours too!

RLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment