Friday 23 September 2011

Nirvana - Nevermind‏

Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of the release of Nirvana's seminal album Nevermind (if this was an episode of Inbetweeners I'd say that it is always referred to as seminal because so many young men gush over it but this is a family show so we'll move on). Highly influential, it is largely credited with the quiet then loud style that became very popular with lots of bands in the 1990's. Personally I think it's a great album but that it falls away a little after the first five or so songs.


The really worrying thing is that it doesn't seem that long since it came out. I remember the fuss made over Sgt Pepper's 20th anniversary back in the 1980's but that didn't worry me back then as 20 years seemed such a long time, indeed it was a lifetime. Nevermind is different; I recall its appearance as if it was only a short time ago and that is a bit depressing - pass me my shotgun Courtney!

No comments:

Post a Comment