Thursday 4 August 2011

Five Symbolic Images:Bronze and Plaster Sculptures by Christopher Le Brun - One Canada Square, Canary Wharf

Christopher Le Brun is known primarily as a painter and printmaker and he came to sculpture relatively late in his career. In the leaflet that accompanies this exhibition he says that the sculptures represent an inner journey but they are not explicit as to their meaning. I must admit that most of the works here are not really my sort of thing, scuptures of wings seem to recur alot; possibly I'm missing the symbolism because it isn't explicit enough but to paraphrase Morrisey it say's nothing to me about my life. The beauty of going to see art though is that you nearly always find something that you enjoy or that interests you even if the exhibition isn't really your thing and I did rather like 'Stand' a bronze and steel sculpture pictured below.

No comments:

Post a Comment